(Updated May 10)
As the local and national COVID-19 situation evolves we are making constant adjustments at Thirwood Place to ensure the health and safety of residents and staff. Our community’s well-being is our most important mission, and we will continue taking steps to ensure our residents are comfortable during this period.
We are pleased to welcome back family and friends for visits to Thirwood Place and have resumed scheduled tours for prospective residents and their families. These precautions are in place to protect our residents and staff:
- All residents and visitors must answer COVID-19 screening questions prior to entering Thirwood. If you are coming from out of town, please consider state-specific travel restrictions before you decide to visit.
- Visitors must practice social distancing, wear a face mask, and follow directional signage in public areas of the community.
More Amenities are Now Open
The following amenities and services are open at Thirwood. Though some amenities may be temporarily unavailable, we will open them as soon as possible following recommendations from state and local health officials and our own medical professionals.
- Health care office/telehealth appointments by appointment
- Transportation services
- Newspaper deliveries
- U.S. mail pickup and delivery
- The bus loop for local errands
- Daily hot meal delivery, as well as select dining room hours with limited capacity and socially distant seating
- Fitness center
- Resident gardening area
- Walking paths and nature trails
- Horseshoe pits
- Conservatory for quiet personal reflection
- Café (limited capacity)
- Salon (limited capacity and by appointment)
- Bank (limited capacity and by appointment)
- Library (limited capacity)
- Indoor pool (limited capacity)
- New resident move-ins are accepted through scheduled times
- Respite care apartments are available
FaceTime with your Favorite Thirwood Resident!
In addition to developing new activities to keep residents active, we are using FaceTime calls to ensure residents can be in contact electronically with friends and loved ones:
Ongoing Preventative Measures
Our already-extensive cleaning and sanitizing protocol has been greatly increased in all areas of Thirwood Place. As our community systematically reopens, residents and staff members will continue to practice these proven, CDC-recommended preventive measures:
- Wearing protective masks over the nose and mouth.
- Each staff member’s temperature is taken upon entry to Thirwood.
- To identify illness or contacts with at-risk people, staff are asked screening questions every time they enter a Thirwood building.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is practiced with the assistance of designated signage.
- Staff are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently throughout the day.
- All staff are instructed to stay at home when ill or feeling ill.