February 4, 2021
Vaccination Day at Thirwood Place
(SOUTH YARMOUTH) – One year ago, we were just learning about a new coronavirus called COVID-19 that was impacting China and beginning to spread into Europe.
At the time, it was impossible to know how, or if, the virus was going to impact the United States and the rest of the world.
But we would quickly realize that COVID-19 was going to alter all our lives forever.
Here at Thirwood Place, extraordinary steps were taken to protect our residents and they responded with amazing strength and resiliency.
It has been a challenging 11 months, but on Thursday, there was a true sense that hope was not only on the way, it had arrived.
And it arrived in small vials of vaccine that will eventually allow the return to life as we knew it pre-pandemic.
A team of professionals from Walgreens, our federal partner in the vaccine process, arrived early in the morning and distributed shots to nearly 150 of our residents.
With a cardboard cutout of Dr. Anthony Fauci welcoming people and an archway of balloons leading the way, there were a lot of smiling faces and rolled up sleeves getting their first round of vaccine. Later this month, residents will get their second shot.
Thank you to everyone who helped facilitate this important day in the history of Thirwood Place.
- What Your Handshake May Say About Your Health
- Having Trouble Controlling Your Blood Pressure?
- Are You Avoiding This Important Health Screening?
- 8 Ways to Make Your Doctor’s Visit More Successful
- Thirwood Place to Host Several July Concerts
- “What Did You Say, Doctor?”
- Thirwood Residents Continue Tradition of Awarding Local Scholarships
- The 10 Most Common Medication Errors People Make